TableKit is a collection of HTML table enhancements using the Prototype framework. TableKit currently implements row striping, column sorting, column resizing and cell editing using Ajax.
All the documentation can be found with the demo.
This script is provided "as is". Millstream are unable to provide support, but you may submit your questions, suggestions, patches, bugs and such to the Dexgogo group on Google Groups.
This script is provided under the Open Source MIT License.
Demo & Download
This project was done in partnership with Dexagogo.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When I reload the table after editing a cell the changes are gone?
A: You need to send your request using ajax to a server side script which processes the change and writes it to a database. This is outside the scope of TableKit.
Q: I have dynamically creating a table using the results of an ajax call. If the table has a class of "sortable" an error is generated when you click on a column heading (error: row).
A: You need call TableKit.reloadTable(tablename); to force TableKit to reinitialise.
- Fixed problems in IE7
- Fixed a class naming bug
- Fixed a subtle bug with sorting types
- Huge improvement to sorting & striping performance
- Removed a lot of internal cruft
- fixed resize inaccuracy problem
- Added new option: showHandle for the resize handle
- a couple of internal improvements
- Trailing comma bug ...
- Another typo...
- Thus: code audit and tidy ALA JSLint
- Fixed a typo (doh!)
- small changes to date handling
- Initial Release